Monday, June 16, 2014

What's Missing?

Today was Father's Day and we celebrated with a breakfast out.

 First we made cards while Daddy got a little extra sleep, but of course Miss Gracie wanted to be with Daddy. While I retrieved her Evangeline got into the yellow paint. It's was everywhere.








Then we went for a walk and had a lovely breakfast together. If you are at Margret's in Fairhaven try the Honey Custard French Toast. Super Yummy.

Then a cook out and cake and fun.



Then we went to church.

The entire time I felt like something was missing.

I am happy with my family and my life, though the stress right now often takes my breath away.

It occurred to me tonight as I sat there folding laundry.

I missed Vavoo.
I would give my arm to sit with him and hear his stories about the war. I miss him so much. He was the one person that always treated me like I could do no wrong. He loved me despite the angry , awful, depressed teen I was. He loved me. period. My brothers, my cousin, all of us. he loved us.
I miss him.